I don’t know about you, but for me these past few months have been exhausting. Some days were absolutely beautiful but others, it was a chore to engage myself in activities that I would normally enjoy. This COVID- infested world has had a dire impact on the mental health of many people around the world. One such community who I believed has been affected the most are students. We are constantly given assignments and deadlines while being told to take care of our mental health. Yet, the reality is that there simply isn’t enough time for us to truly focus on our schoolwork while trying to stay healthy, at least that is the case for me.
So, in this post I have combined a list of steps one can take to stay on top of their work while managing their mental health.
- Break your big tasks into smaller ones.
- Try to set 5 manageable goals for each day.
- List these goals/tasks in order for importance and work accordingly.
- Reward yourself after completing each task.
- Make sure to take breaks as it is very necessary for your well-being.
- Check in with yourself at the end of the day to see what you need, what works for you, and what doesn’t.
- Motivate yourself for your work by thinking of your long-term goals and plans.
- However, it is important to prioritize self-care; don’t stay up till 6 am every day to complete your assignments, you will burn out really quick.
- Lastly, acknowledge your feelings. It is alright to be overwhelmed or stressed. Once you acknowledge this, you can come up with a routine to help manage your emotions. For example, for me personally I make sure to spend time in my garden for an hour every single day since it is a stress reliever.
I hope these tips make your life a little easier and a whole lot brighter.